Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you already have a ho tub or you’re considering purchasing one, you may have questions. This list of frequently asked questions about hot tubs is meant to assist you with clear and simple solutions. If the answer to your question is not below, please feel free to get in touch with our store. Our team of hot tub experts would be more than happy to assist you.
GENERAL HOT TUB FAQs
Making the decision to buy a hot tub is a big one. It’s not something you do every day, after all. Your lifestyle can have a significant impact on the decision to purchase a hot tub. Before making the decision, ask yourself these following questions:
- Where in my backyard will I install a hot tub?
- Will the hot tub be for my entire family, or just for me?
- Will I benefit from fewer aches and pains, better sleep and reduced stress?
- Will I enjoy the convenience of access to hydromassage in the comfort of my own home?
- Will my family benefit from the additional family time in the spa?
If you said yes to one or more of the questions above, a hot tub might be right for you! Speak with one of our team members to learn more about the prices, sizes and brands available to you.
The size of your hot tub should reflect your intended use for it. Will it cater to the needs of the entire family? Is it meant just for you and your significant other? Or do you enjoy hosting elaborate backyard parties? Your lifestyle and layout of your backyard can help you determine if you would like to invest in a smaller or larger hot tub.
Most hot tub brands have models available in the following sizes and capacities: 2-3 seats, 4-5 seats, 5-6 seats, 6 or more seats. For a better idea of how big or small our hot tubs are, visit our showroom in person today.
Hydrotherapy is a therapeutic technique that harnesses the healing properties of water. The combination of heat, buoyancy and massage helps to relax muscles, ease sore joints, improve circulation, and reduce muscle tension. Used by healthcare professionals all around the world, hydrotherapy can help to improve sleep patterns, reduce stress, ease aches and pains, aid in post-injury recovery, and soothe sore joints, among many other health benefits.
Hot tub Maintenance FAQs
How often and in what manner you clean your hot tub will depend on two factors: how often the spa is used and the manufacturer.
- Test your hot tub water with test strips once or twice a week.
- Treat your hot tub water accordingly based on the readings from the test strips.
- Clean the filter every two weeks with water from the hose.
- Drain, clean and fill the hot tub once every three to four months.
For more information about the water management system and cleaning process for your hot tub, get in touch with us today.
A clean and functioning filter is key to an operational filtration system, as it catches and removes dirt and debris, keeping the water clean and free of impurities. We recommend rinsing the filter every two weeks with fresh water from the hose or kitchen sink. You can also use this time to spray it down with a filter cleaner and then continue to rinse. Filter cleaning nozzles are available that can be attached to the end of a hose, which can help water to better reach the nooks and crannies of your filter. Soak your filter overnight in a bucket filled with water and a small amount of filter cleaner every two months to remove deep-down debris. We recommend replacing your hot tub filter annually to ensure a fully-functional filtration system.
How often you change your hot tub water can depend greatly on how often the spa is used, the quality of water used to fill it and how well the water is maintained. As a general rule of thumb, we recommend draining, cleaning and refilling the hot tub every three to four months for an optimal operation.
SWIMMING POOL FAQs
Are you thinking about buying a swimming pool? Both above-ground and below-ground swimming pools can prove to be a great addition to just about any lifestyle and backyard. So long as your backyard has the space to accommodate a swimming pool you should have no worry about the installation process.
Benefits of Swimming Pools
- Improved home value
- Spend more time with family
- Low-impact and comfortable exercise
- Create a place for entertainment
- Relax and reduce stress
- Improve your health
- Create a beautiful backyard living space
If you and your family can benefit from any of the above, a swimming pool may be right for you. To get started, speak with our team of swimming pool experts today.
Several factors can influence the kind of swimming pool installation that you create.
- Time and money: in-ground installations tend to take a little longer to complete and can pose additional costs, although the result is truly worth the wait.
- Backyard layout: above-ground swimming pools are often built into an existing raised deck or require a ladder, while in-ground installations are often the centerpiece of a backyard paradise.
- Your lifestyle: if moving is a possibility, an above-ground pool can come with you, while an in-ground pool is there to stay.
No installation is better than the other, it all depends on your lifestyle and personal preferences.
Choosing between a pool and hot tub can depend on your lifestyle, budget and personal preferences. If you’re looking for a new approach to recreation, exercise or entertainment and have a larger backyard, a swimming pool might be the obvious choice for you. On the other hand, if you’re looking to reduce stress, ease aches and pains, and find a new way to relax, a hot tub might be right up your alley.
If you can’t decide between the two, it sounds like you might benefit from both! Many hot tub and swimming pool combination installations offer a complete backyard experience, catering to both those who want to relax and get active! Not to mention that a hot tub spillover installation can really make you the envy of all your neighbors and loved ones.
Pool Maintenance FAQs
No pool is complete without the right supplies and accessories. Aim to always have the following on hand to improve your entire backyard experience!
- Noodles and Inflatables
- Life jackets and Puddle jumpers
- Beach balls
- Water guns
- Snorkels and Flippers
- Pool stairs or ladder
- Vacuums, hoses & telescoping poles
- Salt water system products
- Skimmer nets
- Pool brushes
- Gloves and mitts
- Loungers and Foot rests
- Throw Pillows
- Table and Dining Chairs
- Outdoor carpets
For more information or to browse our wide selection of pool products for sale, get in touch with us today.
Pool maintenance is an ongoing process and should be completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Use a net to remove surface debris to keep the water clear and free of buildup.
- Clean the skimmers.
- Vacuum the bottom of the pool.
- Test with strips and treat the water accordingly to ensure it is balanced
- Clean the pool deck or patio area.
- Clean the pool tiles.
- Clean the pool pumps completely and perform a backwash.
If you enjoy swimming once the sun goes down, it may be wise to invest in a swimming pool heater. Even if the temperature is warm outside, the water can still feel chilly in comparison. A swimming pool heater can help create a more comfortable and enjoyable swim, without the need to adjust your body to the cooler temperature.
The only downfall is getting out of the warm water at the end of your swim!