Maintaining your swimming pool, hot tub, or swim spa is a vital part of keeping it looking great and working correctly. Just like any other piece of equipment in your home, regular care and maintenance are required to keep it running smoothly.
In this blog post, we will discuss the best pool equipment, accessories, and supplies to have for maintaining your swimming pool. We will also provide some helpful tips on how to keep your pool looking its best!
Dirty pool water is not only unappealing, but it can also be dangerous. Contaminated water can cause skin irritation, infection, and even lead to serious health problems.
In addition, neglecting your pool’s upkeep can lead to expensive repairs down the road.
The best way to avoid these problems is by regularly cleaning and maintaining your pool according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
This includes checking and cleaning the filters, skimmer basket, pump strainer, and chlorinator on a regular basis. You should also brush the sides of the pool every week or two in order to keep them algae-free.
To help properly maintain your pool, it’s important to invest in the best swimming pool equipment, accessories, and supplies available, in order to keep your pool looking great and functioning properly.
Swimming pool equipment covers a wide range of items, from pumps and filters to automatic pool cleaners and covers. When shopping for pool equipment, it’s important to buy the best quality you can afford in order to ensure longevity and trouble-free operation.
Some of the most common swimming pool equipment includes:
- Pumps and filters – these are essential for keeping your pool water clean and clear. Cartridge filters are a popular choice, as they’re easy to clean and require less maintenance than other types of filters.
- Automatic pool cleaners – these cleaners do the hard work for you, removing dirt, debris, and algae from the bottom and sides of your pool.
- Pool covers – these are a great way to keep your pool clean and free of debris, and can also help reduce evaporation.
- Heaters – a pool heater will help keep your pool water warm and comfortable even on the coldest days.
- Chlorinators or saltwater chlorinators – these devices add chlorine or salt to the pool water, keeping it free of bacteria and algae.
- Pool vacuum – a vacuum helps keep the bottom of your pool clean by sucking up leaves and debris.
- Pole and skimmer net – a good quality pole and net will help you keep your pool clean and free of debris.
Swimming pool supplies are disposables that are an important part of keeping your pool clean and functioning properly.
Some of the most important supplies are:
- Test strips and kits – test strips help you keep track of the chlorine and pH levels in your pool, and kits include all the necessary chemicals to balance your pool water.
- pH increaser and decreased – these chemicals help to balance the pH levels in your pool.
- Algaecide – algaecide helps to prevent algae from growing in your pool.
- Stain and scale control – these chemicals help to prevent staining and scaling (build-up of minerals on the sides of the pool).
- Chlorine – chlorine is the most important chemical in your pool, as it helps to kill bacteria and keep the water clean.
- Ozonator – an ozonator helps to sanitize the water and reduce the amount of chlorine needed.
- Pool shock – pool shock is used to kill algae and bacteria in the water, and should be used on a regular basis.
- Clarifiers – clarifiers help to keep the water clear by binding to particles and causing them to fall to the bottom of the pool.
Accessories are items that aren’t essential for the proper functioning of your pool, but can make spending time in the pool a lot more fun!
When it comes to accessories, there are a number of things you can add to your pool to make swimming more enjoyable. Some popular choices include:
- Pool floats – these come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can add a lot of fun to your swimming experience.
- Pool toys – there’s a huge variety of pool toys available, from simple inflatable rings and balls to more complex toys like water slides.
- Floating Bluetooth speaker – a great way to listen to your favorite music while swimming.
- Pool lights – these can add a lot of atmosphere to your pool and are perfect for evening swimming.
- Water guns – perfect for cooling off on a hot day and annoying the rest of your family!
If the list of things you need to clean and maintain your pool seems overwhelming, you could always have a professional do it for you.
Here at Pool Tech, we can take care of all your pool needs, from the best pools, swim spas, and hot tubs in Maryland, to equipment installation and a cleaning, repair, and chemical maintenance service!
Contact us today to see how we can help!